Friday, March 5, 2010

Updates Before Colten's Big Day


We are busy preparing for Colten's Birthday Bash, but I thought I would share a few of our moments from the past few weeks.

After getting a great coupon in the mail from Sears we thought we would take Colten there before his birthday for a few photos too (even though we are headed to JCP on his birthday). Here are a couple of our favorites.


I love this superhero sleeper!

Colten loves this ornament of Pepper (my dog growing up). He carries it everywhere : >



Last weekend Tom and I took Colten to Easter Bunny Lane at Kraynaks and Colten LOVED it! We missed the display at Christmas because the line was literally wrapped around the building. I'm glad we went early this time; we were able to take our time and get plenty of pictures. Plus I think Colten enjoyed it even more now than he would have at Christmas since he is older.


He was pointing at the characters and "talking" the whole way through.


He loved this green gummy in the Candyland portion : >

Colten is eating his first real pear in this picture and is loving it. However I could use some advice on food. We have introduced lots of "real" foods like eggs, cheeses, yogurt, lunch meats, etc. but Colten only seems to want them as snacks and not as full meals. I'm afraid that he won't get the nutrients that he needs if we leave baby food completely. Any ideas for other foods we can try? Or any advice if you faced similar issues with your children? Do I just have to quit baby food cold turkey to get him to eat regular food more? I'm not even sure what a real breakfast, lunch or dinner should look like? Any sample menu ideas?


Uncle Mike surprised us with the best gift - a personalized Easter basket from Pottery Barn! Thanks Uncle Mike!! You are amazing and Colten is so lucky to have you as an uncle and godfather. Of course I was a little more excited for the gift than Colten this year, but he will grow to love it. I can't wait to take him to church this year for the blessing of the baskets. Now he is truly ready for this tradition!


And for our big news....

Colten is officially walking!!!! As most everyone knows, he has been taking a few steps since early January, but I wouldn't count those as his first steps; I wanted him to sustain it for a while longer. And he did on February 26th! Grandma was the first to see it, but he has been showing off his skills ever since! Way to go little man!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe he's finally walking! He is such a handsome little man! Miss you guys so much. I know the food issue can be tough. Have you talked to your pediatrician? It seems like they need a lot, but actually at this age they don't need quite as much food. With Avery, we literally just put her on table food because she started to show a disinterest in her baby food and wanted to feed herself. At Colten's age now, he can pretty much eat whatever you guys are having for meals-maybe a little supplementing here and there-but you just give him a plate of what you're having:) Chicken nuggets were a huge hit with Avery and are still her favorite (just cut into really small pieces). Pretty much everything can be modified so Colten can have it-enjoy the process! I can't wait until Spencer is off baby food and I don't have to buy it anymore:)! xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, my favorite is the the one with the baseball mitt & glove. I cannot believe he's walking, and I just can't imagine that he's already going to be one year old! He's growing too fast! I hope he has a wonderful birthday party. Can't wait to see those pictures!

    Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete