Friday, November 20, 2009

Updates All Around!

We celebrated Halloween all weekend!


So much time has passed since Halloween - I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! But I am so looking forward to Black Friday!!! I think that might be my favorite day of the year : >

Since Halloween...

Colten got his first tooth (his bottom right) on November 9th! He had been waking up in the middle of the night and having a really hard time going back to sleep (we were up for hours), but Colten never has been a good sleeper so I didn't think much of it until we spotted his tooth! He must be in the process of getting more because he chews constantly and seems to be experiencing some pain. Yay for tooth #1! And for not biting Mommy while nursing...yet...
Lady loves when Colten eats on the floor!
Colten will not let Lady's ball out of his grip;
I eventually broke down and bought Lady a new one so Colten could have this one : >

And Colten turned 8 months old. We celebrated by going to Jen's house for Vincent's 3rd birthday party! Colten even received his first birthday treat bag. Thanks Jen! You're too sweet!
Ready for Vincent's party!


And Mommy got some long awaited news as well. I'm still not so sure about how I feel about everything but I officially have Type 1 diabetes (not type 2 as we have thought for 2 years), and I have a hypothyroid too. So I am headed for an insulin pump in the near future. Right now my body is still making some insulin, but as my doctor put it, my body is "pooping out". We just don't know when it will stop all together. Regardless, she wants me to be on the pump well before we start trying to have another baby (we were planning to try this summer...we'll see...). I'm not going to let this stop me from fulfilling my dreams of a family, but I might not be able to keep my original plan...only time will tell. I can talk myself into accepting the pump because it will give me more freedom, but in the same breath I just can't imagine having this pump for the rest of my life...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! And enjoy Black Friday if you are headed out too!

And please excuse the Halloween background. I promise I'll change it for Christmas : >

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing new updates! Yeah for Colten's first tooth! You look beautiful and I hope your new medical plan works out....that's so exciting that you're thinking about baby #2 already!! Have a wonderful weekend and happy early Thanksgiving to you too!
    I miss you!
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got to talk today:) I miss you! I hate that you're having to go through this new medical challenge-ugh, blood tests are now official the bane of my existence! I'm so excited for your little man and his first tooth! Would you know that Spencer's just popped through and it is also his bottom right one:)! Enjoy Black Friday, you silly goose (I think it's a pretty fantastic day too, though)!! Love You, xo:)

    ReplyDelete