Saturday, November 28, 2009

Loving the Holidays!

I'm exhausted so I'll be brief and will let the photos tell most of the stories.



Tom and I took Colten to meet Santa last Saturday, and yes I realize that it was a bit early but since we weren't sure how Colten would react, we figured it would be best to avoid the crowds. As soon as we approached, I saw an elf reach for a toy in what I knew would be an attempt to make Colten smile. Since he had not taken a nap, I knew that he would not smile and so I just told her to take the picture before Colten started screaming. I was right that Colten would not smile, but he also didn't scream either; in fact, he loved Santa and started to cuddle into him - too cute. And of course I couldn't resist Santa either ; >

Thanksgiving was such a wonderful day too! My mom and dad are amazing and put together such a wonderful meal. I don't think my mom left the kitchen for two whole days, but we all appreciated her hard work so much. I did make the sweet potatoes and helped Karol with the dishes but other than that, I wasn't much help this year...Colten kept me quite busy.
Mike brought his dog Chase in for the holiday, and Colten loved him!
Lady doesn't often let Colten climb all over her.
The fam!Hanging with Uncle Mike!Colten tried mashed potatoes for the first time but wasn't a fan. In fact, he refused to take even his food from me for most of the meal. Last week I started Colten on Stage 3 meats, and as with mashed potatoes, he was not a fan of the turkey and veggies either. We recently tried turkey and sweet potatoes, and he loves that combo. I think that the chunks of veggies turned him off. We're off to chicken next, so I'll keep you updated...

And of course Mom and I headed out on Black Friday. We left a bit later than usual (around 5:15) and headed straight for Babies R Us because they had diapers on sale - boy how times have changed : > And then the real shopping started. We had so much success and fun and were even home early too (by 1pm)! Tom took care of Colten all day and did such a fantastic job! That was the first time that Tom did all the feedings, changings, playing, and entertaining! They had a blast together! You're such a great dad, Tom!

We are looking forward to all the magic that this Christmas will hold!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on successful Black Friday shopping!! Happy belated 1st Thanksgiving to Colten- he is SO big- I can't believe it. I can definitely see both you and Tom in him- he is so cute! Have fun trying out different foods and starting new traditions with a baby this holiday season:)
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just crack me up on Santa's lap, silly girl:)!! I'm glad you were able to get some good pics of Colten with Santa. We're still debating if we're going to get Spencer's with Santa-probably since we did with Avery, but I'm not looking forward to that line! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy Black Friday, I know how much you love that day:)!! How fabulous for you to just get out with your mom without Colten. I mean, I'm sure you missed him, but sometimes it's so nice to get in and out of the car without having to put a kid in a car seat!! Wow, Mike's dog is getting so big! Seems like just yesterday he got her-very adorable! Colten's is as cute as always:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you all continue to enjoy the magic of the season:) colten is a cutie! good luck with the meats (the boys were never big fans- so if he isn't - don't worry:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of your cutie-pie :) Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!! :)~
    ~Janelle

    ReplyDelete