Saturday, December 12, 2009

Growing Up!




Just like Steph and Artie, Tom and I are big fans of the duck tub for Colten - that is until ours broke. On the 30th of November, Tom went to inflate the tub a bit more before Colten's bath, and to his surprise, out popped the entire plug! "Time for a bath in the regular tub!" So I quickly rounded up the bath toys and got ready for the fun! That was a mistake. Colten freaked out when he saw things floating in the water, and he grabbed ahold of me so hard that I thought my arms were going to be bruised. Tom, trying to make everyone happy again, wanted to run out and buy a new duck tub, but I assured him that in a few days, Colten would love baths again. Needless to say, we took quick baths for the next few days, and the toys did not make a reappearance for a while. But I am happy to report that Colten discovered splashing on Friday and has been going to town ever since; now he doesn't want to get out of the tub! He's also a fan of toys now too! Let the fun begin!

In other big news, Colten said "Dada" yesterday night for the first time! He doesn't yet associate it with Tom, but he still said it! He seemed close to saying it all day. To keep him occupied while I prepared his dinner, I kept saying, "Say Dada, Colten." Then to my surprise, he simply said it! Just like that! I was so happy (even if it wasn't Mama) : > Tom got home from his dad's house a bit later, and Colten nicely showed off his new skill. What a proud dad! Tom was beaming and immediately call my mom to share the news! What a special moment!
(Patiently awaiting "Mama")!

Today we went to JCP to have Colten's 9 month (yes, he will be 9 months old on Monday; I can't believe it!) and Christmas pictures taken. And Steph, I feel your pain. First Colten decided that he wanted to nap at 10:45 am. This seems like a good thing in a way it was; he was at least a little rested for the pictures, but since he feel asleep on me, I couldn't get ready in the meantime; plus he still had to eat lunch and we had to be at JCP by 12:20pm. Needless to say, Colten never ate so quickly in his life, and I dressed in record time too. Regardless, I was stressed before we even left the house. Of course holiday traffic only added to the fact that we were already running late. Luckily we made it to JCP not long after our scheduled time and only had to wait for one family to finish with pictures. All in all, everything turned out just fine. We even met up with Krissy, Victor, and Kayleigh while we were there. Here are some of our favorite photos!
Colten and Mommy with Krissy and Kayleigh



Here are some other random photos of the past few days too!
Colten playing with the lights as we decorate the tree.

Colten crawled under his exersaucer to play with a toy!
He had fun until we had to try to get him out : >

In other news, Tom got a promotion! He is now a Regional Territory Sales Manager for Airgas, and I couldn't be more proud of him! He is such a people-person and I just know that he is going to do a fabulous job! Congrats baby!!

Well I'm off to try to wrap a few presents before Colten wakes up. Stay warm!

5 comments:

  1. wow- i can't believe he is 9 months old- the pics are great!!! Hope you guys enjoy the holiday season- and congrats to tom on his promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months!! Holy cow! He is soooo cute- I really can't wait to meet him and hope we can do it sometime soon. Congratulations Tom on the promotion- and on "dada":) Cindy- Elizabeth said "mama" a good 4 months after she said "dada"...and "dog." I definitely came last. Hope Colten picks it up faster for you:) Miss you and I hope you're feeling well!
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness time goes fast! Spencer will be 7 months in a week! I absolutely love the picture of Colten standing-how did he get so big so fast!! Our boys are only 2 months apart, but what a difference those 2 months make right now, right?? When they're older you won't even know they're 2 months apart:) Sad to hear about the duck tub. Spencer is just really starting to love his! I can't believe our tub has made it through Avery and now Spencer-it's only a $10 tub!! When is your last day of school? We do need to talk soon! Miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez, and of course, congrats to Tom! That is sooo fantastic! Very happy for him. And, yeah, much like Christine said, Avery only said dada-even calling me that-for a very long time before mama. It will be so exciting though when he starts saying it:) Sorry for the scattered brain with this (these 2 comments)! I just put up my post about Jake and I'm really upset! Can't wait to chat:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Tom Andrew and I said congrats, that's fabulous news! And congrats on Colten saying dada, that's so adorable. I cannot believe he is 9 months old already! I hope he gets some wonderful gifts from Santa! =)

    ReplyDelete