Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Half Birthday Colten!





After about a week without a computer, I realize just how much we need them and don't need them! I missed being able to blog and read everyone's blogs but at the same time, it was nice to not have the computer as a distraction. But don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have my computer up and running again so I can stay connected to everyone : >

While I was computerless, Colten turned 6 months old! And after cancellations and rescheudulings, he finally made it to the doctor on Friday for his checkup and shots. He hasn't grown too much since his last appointment, weighing in at 19 lbs. 6 1/2 oz and measuring 28 1/2 inches. That still puts him in the 75th percentile for weight and 97th percentile for length! Since my parents headed to Columbus to visit Mike over the weekend and since Tom was still working, I had to take Colten to his appointment by myself; I usually prefer support for appointments that involve shots. But Colten was such a trooper. Of course he cried but just a bit until I was able to pick him up. He was so brave : >

On Saturday, the fam geared up in our Browns attire and headed for Colten's 6 month pictures. My goal was to get pictures in our Quinn jerseys and then change Colten into his fall sweater vest (thanks Uncle Mike!). After changing Colten into his sweater and getting the barn and pumpkin scene set, Colten had other plans - crying. He would have looked so cute in the barn scene because the colors matched perfectly, but even after walking around the mall and returning, Colten wanted nothing to do with pictures anymore and instead fell asleep on Daddy. We got some great shots with the Brown's gear though so I guess I would have just spent more money had we taken the fall pictures too...(Can you tell I'm just trying to make myself feel better about missing out on that barn scene? It was just soo cute).

Here are some of our favorite photos from the studio. I'll post more from the week once I upload them from my camera and from my moms. Until then, enjoy these!

This is the only barn picture we got!

I love this picture because it was a natural moment that they captured.

"Go Browns!"

Colten wasn't really into smiling that afternoon, but I think that he has his game face on!

3 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures!!:) Happy half birthday Colten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the Browns pics. Just adorable. Tom looks so sweet giving Colten a big hug in the first one too. Hope your work week goes by well! Miss you so much!
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are adorable!! I love the whole family in Browns jerseys! We plan on taking a family one in ND jerseys somewhere down the line:) Just can't wait to meet the little guy in person! Less than 2 weeks:) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete