Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy 4 Month Birthday, Colten!


Tom and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on Sunday by going to Youngstown State University's annual art festival. We usually attend every year but missed it last year since we were in DC. The day was absolutely beautiful, and we had such a great time. Colten loved being out in the fresh air, too. Then toward evening, Krissy and Victor came over to visit and talk babies while we waited for the Campbell City Fest fireworks from our deck. What a great way to end such a fabulous day!
Yay! Colten is 4 months old and loving it! After a wild start to the day, we had fun bumming around town to run some errands with Grandma. What I mean by wild start . . . Colten was as happy as could be in his crib while I was doing some morning chores like feeding Lady. He was talking to his mobile and playing with a blanket so I was not expecting what I found. Upon picking him up, I saw a poop spot on his sheets and thus on him as well. I know what most of you are probably thinking, 'big deal; we've all been there.' Well it wouldn't have been a big deal if I could have done laundry, but our water lines were being flushed so the water was rust colored to say the least. Note to self - buy extra mattress pad. Luckily Grandma saved the day. She came over and got our laundry and we packed up and headed to her house to finish getting ready. After a much later start and lots of laughs, we finally ventured out. To our surprise, we ran into Colten's doctor at the Sprint store. We are going for his four month appointment next week, but Dr. Jose gave us the go ahead to start solids! Yay! We'll give that a try tomorrow so I'll keep you posted ; >


Here's a picture of the only way Colten will sleep now. At first I was really nervous about suffocation (who am I kidding, I still am). But I'm feeling better, at least somewhat, thanks to Steph reassurance : > He loves to sleep on his belly!

In other news: Thanks for everyone's patience with my cell phone issues. I picked up my 3rd new phone today so hopefully I'll be able to text again. No promises : > So hang in there with me if you still get random texts. Krissy, you are a pro at decoding my crazy messages!

And CONGRATS to Adrienne and Domenico! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait for updates as your belly grows!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how can Colten be 4 months and starting on solids??!!! Man he is the cutest little guy-the one of him smiling is the most adorable thing:) I am soooo glad that he is enjoying his crib more! I'll tell you, we are putting Spencer on his stomach to sleep right now even though he can't roll over because it is the ONLY way he will sleep. Thank goodness he has the neck muscles of a much older baby already! Definitely keep us posted on how he likes solids-I can't wait for Spencer to get there, it's the most fantastic thing when they transition to being on the same eating schedule as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he's 4 months old already and that you've been married for 6 years! Happy 4 month birthday and congratulations!! I seriously think he looks so much like your dad. Got the pictres the other day and feel so badly I never called to say thank you...so thank you!

    xoxo,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4 month b-day Colten and happy anniversary Cindy and Tom! Your card is in the mail....lol- it's been a crazy few weeks here and I seriously don't know what day it is (except to count down for my due date;). Colten is getting SO big- he changes with every single post. Elizabeth started flipping over to sleep around 5 months- I was sooooooo worried, but that's still the only way she'll sleep to this day. And you can bet that even at 2 years, I still have the monitor going at full-volume to make sure she's still breathing...;)
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy,
    I love the picture of him laughing :) What a cutie!! Congratulations on all your milestones... you are a beautiful family!
    ~Love,
    janelle

    ReplyDelete