Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th

Colten wore his "I Love the USA" outfit from Krissy and Victor to celebrate the 4th!


Colten's first Independence Day was surely a day of firsts. Since I was just starting to feel better after battling a sinus infection, we only made it to one party - the Beck's block party. We have been going to their 4th of July celebration since I was in high school and only missed last year since we were away for Janelle's wedding (Congrats on 1 year by the way!). Colten loved his first party and even took part in his first parade lead by Mr. Camuso to the tune of patriotic music. Colten already told me that he is looking forward to next year because he'll be able to walk in it himself : > It was so great to visit with two of my best girls from high school, Angie and Jen! We say it all the time but we truly need to get together more often because I enjoyed our conversation so much.Getting ready for the parade.


Colten had so much fun!

Ang and I in the parade with the kids!

The night was filled with fireworks, but Colten didn't seem to mind. As you all know I have been trying to transition Colten from sleeping with me in the recliner to sleeping in his crib. At the end of June, he was napping in his crib for short periods but still sleeping on me at night. July 4th changed all of that! He spent the whole night in his crib, only waking twice for feedings! I'll take that : > Since then we have had our ups and downs. On the up side, he has slept in his crib ever since. However, not all of these nights are restful for me as he still sometimes needs me almost every hour for food or just comfort. Still, I'll take that. We are making progress, and that's all I can really ask for. Thank you so much to everyone who offered me their advice or even just words of encouragement. Sometimes it's nice just to know that I'm not alone in this and that I'm not messing up too badly : >

3 comments:

  1. Wow- Colten looks like he's had a major growth spurt in that 4th of July outfit! So glad you had a great weekend introducing him to all of your traditions:) And congratulations again on having a little bit more sleep;)
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever to the messing up! You're a perfect mom!! Miss you so much and I'm sorry getting together this summer isn't going to work out...like I said, I call Colten's first beach experience! We should plan it for his and Spencer's together!! :)

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the congrats on our anniversary :) It was great seeing you last year ---Wow! have things changed since then!!! :)
    ~love,
    Janelle :)

    ReplyDelete