Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spoon Time!


Colten started eating solids about 2 weeks ago, but I was just dissolving the rice cereal in a bottle. Now I'm proud to say that Colten is eating from a bowl with a spoon! His first spoon experience happened on July 23rd and we have been going strong ever since. It sure is messy and much more time consuming than simply breastfeeding, but he is loving it! I thought that he would start sleeping longer during the night since he'd be more full, but that has yet to happen. In fact, some nights he is up even more - I think I just have a really hungry guy : > Here are some photos of his first day eating rice cereal with a spoon. "It's all gone already?"


On Saturday, Tom was in Dayton at the National Air Museum with a buddy so Colten and I went to a pig roast with my mom and dad. The weather was crummy, so we basically stayed inside but the food was yummy!

And finally, Colten's new obsession is his exersaucer from Aunt Tunny, Karol, and Jerry. Thank you so much! Colten cannot get enough of the fun!!

2 comments:

  1. lol, Cindy...the last picture of Colten made me laugh so much because I can see ALL of the baby stuff consuming your living room and it looks just like ours-don't babies require so much stuff!! Some days I think I'll go nuts because of all of the stuff taking up my living room!

    He is getting to be such a big man! I'm glad the cereal feeding is going well-he sure looks like he's enjoying it! I'm hoping that you have a great eater on your hands that isn't going to be picky at all!! btw...have I said lately how much I LOVE that you're blogging! We miss you guys so much and I hate that we don't get to see each other (and meet each other's kids!), but being able to be updated in between phone calls is just the best:)

    Hope your enjoying the rest of the summer with your little guy:)!! love you! xo, steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Colten! Rice cereal is so yummy;)
    He is getting bigger every day- and he looks so much like Tom! P.S. It's so awesome to see someone else in their SMC alumnae shirt! I know Steph still has hers too, but all I usually see is Janelle and me in ours.....I can't wait to fit into mine again in a few weeks;)
    I miss you- and keep up the wonderful mommy-ing:)
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete